Saturday, June 25, 2011

Keeping Your Faith After Losing Your Job

So, I lost my job this week. After 11 years with the same company, I no longer have the security of providing for my children. See, I am a single mom to 2 girls, ages 17 and 19. Yes, they are practically grown, but I still provide a roof over their head and food on the table.
So, what to do?
If this had happened to me 10 years ago, I would surely be rolled up in a ball crying on my bedroom floor asking God why he hated me so much. Why was he punishing me? But it's not 10 years ago, it's 2011 and I have been a Christ follower for about 6 years now. My faith is strong, and my trust that Christ will bring me through this is solid. I believe that although I need to do my part in searching high and low for a new position, God will surely do his part. After all, this is His plan!
I pray daily that God would open a door of opportunity for me, but I also pray daily that God would remind me that He is the one in charge here, not me.
I am actually excited to see what great things He has in store for me in the days and months and years ahead. I think it could turn out to be awesome!
But in the meantime, does anyone have a spare meal? :0)

2 comments:

  1. Knowing you as I do.....I can see you growing in your trust of Christ in the midst of all this....but that doesn't mean it won't be scary, and "wake up in the middle of the night how will I get through this". Be in it for just today, tomorrow will take care of itself....
    You are so fortunate to be surrounded by so many people who love you...so we'll all go through this together...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a spare meal at my table for you and your girls any time. Praying that God will direct you as your search for the new place He has for you. I'll check my makeup supply, that may help!

    ReplyDelete